Sunday, August 24, 2014

Saint Joseph, Mi.

72 low / 82 high

We had a pleasant ride to Saint Joseph yesterday. The lake was flat with little wind. The skies were overcast and some fog as you neared shore. We were cruising with the upper portion of our pilot house doors open for a breeze. About 6 miles north of here I caught something that I thought was a bird out of the corner of my eye and he was coming for the open door. At the last minute he turned away and I saw it was a bat. He circled around again and this time I thought for sure he was coming in. I screamed at it and waved my arms so he broke off and headed for shore which was 1.5 miles away. We arrived at Harbor Shores Marina and were pleasantly surprised to find a very new facility with floating docks, an inn on property with a restaurant, large veranda, an indoor and outdoor pool as well as hot tubs. For the first time this summer we went swimming. We'll stay another day here before heading south for Michigan City.

Sail boat race off the entrance to Saint Joseph.

Entering the harbor.

Veranda at the inn.

Outside bar at the pool.



Sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment