Thursday, June 11, 2015

Myrtle Beach day 3

10 June 2015    0 sm today

The Holiday Inn Express stay didn't work for me. When we returned to the boat there was still a smell of ammonia. This was again confirmed by a friend who came over and lent us his sniffer. It was the worst in the cabinet just under the fridge. So the boat was opened up again and we let it air out all day. I did a quick trip to Home Depot and we went out for lunch. By the way, the Yeti was under 40 degrees this morning. I called my good friend Rick Minnis about the ammonia problem. He did a little internet research and called me back with a web site. After reading the site I came to the conclusion that the fridge was dead. The repair guy came in the afternoon and they pulled the fridge out of the cabinet. He was not familiar with one that works on propane since most boats don't use propane. But he looked it over, listened to what I had read, traced the propane lines back to the tank, sniffed all around, put the fridge back in place and we decided that I now have another storage cabinet. A replacement one is at least a week away so we'll continue north and try to set up delivery and replacement somewhere. In the mean time I'm glad I bought the Yeti!

No comments:

Post a Comment